All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
About this product
- DescriptionMatsumoto's book is designed to help students appreciate how cultural factors moderate psychological processes and how the viewpoint of one's own culture can distort one's interpretation of the behavior of people from other cultures. At the same time, the book stresses thata behavioral phemena are characterized by both cross-cultural similarities and differences. Students will thoroughly examine the cultural similarities and differences in psychology, communicaation, work, health, and more. Culture and Modern Life parallels Weiten and Lloyd's PSYCHOLOGY APPLIED TO MODERN LIFE and is available to students in a discount bundle.
- Author BiographyDavid Matsumoto is a world-renowned expert in the fields of emotion, nonverbal behavior, deception, and culture. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan in 1981, double majoring in psychology and Japanese, and his Masters (1983) and Doctoral (1986) degrees in Psychology from the University of California at Berkeley. He has been a Professor of Psychology at San Francisco State University (SFSU) since 1989, and is the Founder and Director of SFSU's Culture and Emotion Research Laboratory. He has produced over 400 academic works, including books, journal articles, book chapters, and conference presentations. His books include well-known titles such as the APA HANDBOOK OF NONVERBAL COMMUNICATION (ed.), NONVERBAL COMMUNICATION: SCIENCE AND APPLICATION (ed.), the CAMBRIDGE DICTIONARY OF PSYCHOLOGY (ed.), CROSS-CULTURAL RESEARCH METHODS IN PSYCHOLOGY (ed.), the APA HANDBOOK OF INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION (ed.), the APA HANDBOOK OF INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION (ed.), and THE HANDBOOK OF CULTURE AND PSYCHOLOGY (ed.). He is the recipient of many awards and honors in the field of psychology, and is a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science and the International Academy of Intercultural Research. He is the series editor for Cambridge University Press' series on Culture and Psychology, and former Editor-in-Chief for the Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology. He has been President and CEO of Humintell (www.humintell.com) since its founding in 2009.
- Author(s)David Matsumoto
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/10/1996
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date29/11/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.