Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAs China enters the second decade of the 21st century, it faces tremendous challenges and crisis. How did China arrive at this point of crisis? How do we understand the nature of the challenges? More than any existing study of reform-era China, this volume offers a theoretical discussion of the cultural and social roots of the reform. It does so for the purpose of further exploring whether or t it is possible to imagine alternatives. Contributors to this second volume of Culture and Social Transformations in Reform Era China address these questions by exploring some of the most contentiously debated topics including liberalism, human rights, rule of law, the state, capitalism, and socialism.
- Author BiographyCao Tianyu, Ph.D. 1987, University of Cambridge, is Professor of Philosophy at Boston University. He has published monographs, edited books and articles including The Chinese Model of Modern Development (2005). Zhong Xueping, Ph.D. 1993, University of Iowa, is Professor of Chinese Literature and Culture at Tufts University. She has published monographs, edited books and articles including Mainstream Culture Refocused (2010). Liao Kebin, Ph.D. 1989, Hangzhou University, is Professor of Classic Chinese Literature at Peking University. He has published monographs, edited books and articles including Mingdai Wenxue Fugu Yundong Yanjiu (2008). Ban Wang, Ph.D. 1993, UCLA, is William Haas Professor in Chinese Studies in the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures and Comparative Literature at Stanford University. His major publications include Words and Their Stories (2011).
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleIdeas, History, and Modern China
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight702 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBan Wang,Liao Kebin,Tianyu Cao,Xueping Zhong
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.