All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWith amazing creativity, clarity, and wit, Warren Susman (1927-1985) takes us on a provocative tour of the highlights of American culture. By looking at all types of 20th-century culture highbrow, lowbrow, and middlebrow Susman shows how culture itself has become a battleground for competing visions of American life. Fourteen essays include such topics as the nature of American conservatism, the cultural contradictions of a consumer society, and the role of the urban experience in the development of American culture.
- Author BiographyWARREN SUSMAN (1927-1985) was a professor of history at Rutgers University.
- Author(s)Warren Susman
- PublisherSmithsonian Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmithsonian Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight483 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.