Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe central argument of the book is that the culture of labour in Russian industrial enterprises plays a determining role in the process of social transformation, the traditional Russian culture of labour standing in marked contrast to the values and rms of a capitalist market ecomy. The attention of the researchers is focused on strategies developed by the management and the workers in the process of adapting to the market reforms. Referring to Weberian socio-cultural categories in case-studies of the formal/informal and horizontal/vertical organization of work a successful combination of contractual labour relations with trust relations was discovered. It proved to be a successful transformation-strategy for private enterprises in present day Russia.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Elena Shershneva, born in Leningrad. Social researcher on industrial organizations at the Institute of Social Science and the Sociological Faculty of St. Petersburg University. Juergen Feldhoff, professor of sociology at Bielefeld University, Germany. Industrial districts research in the East and West of Germany. Teaching sociology in St. Petersburg and Moscow.
- Author(s)Elena Shershneva,Jurgen Feldhoff
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/11/1998
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight190 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.