All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNathalia Holt presents a thorough account of the research that provides scientists with hope that a cure will one day be achievable... and her empathy shines through in her prose. This is as important a social history as it is a medical document. The Daily Beast Two patients each kwn in medical history as the Berlin Patient were cured of the HIV virus. The two patients disparate cures came twelve years apart, but Nathalia Holt, an award-winning scientist at the forefront of HIV research, connects the molecular dots of these cases for the first time. Scientists are kwn to maintain a professional distance from those they study, but sometimes scientists are t just investigators, they are caregivers, too. Cured illustrates that even in the era of high-tech and big pharma, the way doctors and patients communicate remains a critical ingredient in the advance of this science. Holt offers a kind of hope that the thirty-four million people currently infected with HIV need and a story of ingenuity, dedication, and humanity that will inspire the rest of us.
- Author BiographyNathalia Holt trained at Massachusetts General Hospital, MIT, Harvard University, the University of Southern California, and Tulane University. She lives with her family in Boston.
- Author(s)Nathalia Holt
- PublisherPlume Books
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlume Books
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.