All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.40
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe inside story of The Cure 'Beautifully realised' Irish Times Coming of age in Thatcher's Britain in the late 70s and early 80s was really tough, especially if you lived in Crawley. But against the grinding austerity, social unrest and suburban boredom, the spark of rebellion that was punk set alight three young men who would become one of the most revered and successful bands of their generation. The Cure. Cured is a memoir by Lol Tolhurst, one of the founding imaginary boys, who met Robert Smith when they were five. Lol threads the genesis of The Cure through his schoolboy years with Smith, the iconic leader of the group, and the band's most successful era in the 1980s. He takes us up to the present day, a riveting forty years since the band's inception. The band's journey to worldwide success is woven into a story t only of great highs and lows but also of love, friendship, pain, forgiveness and, ultimately, redemption on a beach in Hawaii. Cured highlights those parts of the creative journey that are t rmally revealed to fans, incorporating many first-hand recollections around Lol's personal odyssey. From suburban London to the Mojave desert, Cured brings an acute eye for the times to bear on a lifelong friendship, with tales of addiction and despair along the way. Cured is the story of a timeless band and a life truly lived.
- Author BiographyLol Tolhurst is a musician, performer and writer. He is best known as a founding member of the band that virtually invented alternative music, The Cure. Formed in 1976, The Cure is one of the most influential, successful and critically acclaimed bands of its generation. As The Cure's drummer Lol toured the globe many times over, supporting the ground-breaking albums 'Three Imaginary Boys', 'Seventeen Seconds', 'Faith' and 'Pornography'. He took on keyboard duties in the mid-eighties until his departure from the band in 1989, at the time of their masterwork 'Disintegration'. In the early nineties Lol relocated to Southern California where he continues to write, record and tour with his own band Levinhurst. More recently, 2011 saw a momentous reunion tour with his former band mates and Lol performed with The Cure for the first time in over twenty years.
- Author(s)Lol Tolhurst
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Weight630 g
- Width164 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.