All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $36.36Trending at AU $38.09
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $58.92
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.64
About this product
- DescriptionA new series for living the good life! Made At Home This exciting series comes from the father-and-son team Dick and James Strawbridge, who live the good life on their small acreage. In Made At Home they share the kwledge and experience gained over years of producing an abundance of good things to eat and drink: organic fruits and vegetables eaten, juiced, fermented and preserved; pigs smoked for ham, sausages, salamis and bacon; a mixed flock of birds used for eggs and eating; and bees for honey, to name a few. It's an enviable lifestyle driven by a desire to eat well every day. It is also a lifestyle that does t require a lot of space. Made At Home contains numerous adaptations to urban and suburban life. Plants are grown in small lots and pots, chickens are kept in backyard pens, and meat items, such as sausages, are smoked in the backyard. Proof positive that anyone can live the good life. Of all the Made At Home titles, perhaps this one speaks loudest to the popularity of home-grown foods. The smoked bacon, salamis and heady cheeses we love are prime candidates for handcrafted taste. Curing and Smoking demonstrates how simple it is to use the magic of smoke to create wonderfully aromatic foods with distinctive flavors. The book follows the curing and smoking processes beginning to end, from creating a purpose-made pantry to storage. Topics include drying, curing, hot smoking, cold smoking, indoor smoking, drying and wrapping, and vacuum packing. Foods are t limited to meats and cheeses, but include fruits and vegetables, fish, ciders, seafood. Even eggs can be smoked or cured. Original and delicious recipes offer up such delights as jams and jellies, hot-smoked oysters, and fresh tomato salsa. Curing and Smoking is ideal for adventurous cooks, modern pioneers, and all food crafters.
- Author BiographyDick and James Strawbridge are featured in BBC's It's Not Easy Being Green series, which documented their move from city to farm. Dick is an active television personality and last year he earned second place on the BBC's Celebrity Masterchef. They are the authors of It's Not Easy Being Green and Practical Self-Sufficiency.
- Author(s)Dick Strawbridge,James Strawbridge
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleMade at Home
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width147 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.