Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntrigue, danger, chess, and a real-life hoax combine in this historical vel from the author of The Shakespeare Stealer Philadelphia, PA, 1835. Rufus, a twelve-year-old chess prodigy, is recruited by a shady showman named Maelzel to secretly operate a mechanical chess player called the Turk. The Turk wows ticket-paying audience members and players, who do t realize that Rufus, the true chess master, is hidden inside the contraption. But Rufus s job working the automaton must be kept secret, and he fears he may never be able to escape his unscrupulous master. And what has happened to the previous operators of the Turk, who seem to disappear as soon as Maelzel longer needs them? Creeping suspense, plenty of mystery, and cameos from Edgar Allan Poe and P. T. Barnum mark Gary Blackwood s triumphant return to middle grade fiction.
- Author BiographyGary Blackwood is a playwright and the bestselling author of The Shakespeare Stealer series. He lives in Nova Scotia.
- Author(s)Gary Blackwood
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $25.74Trending at AU $27.65
- AU $26.61Trending at AU $30.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.