All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the essential guide for all curlers - from vice to elite. Previously anunced and worth the wait - w bigger and better, this is the ultimate guide to improving your curling game. Lovers of curling are passionate about the game. More than one million Canadians curl at 1,000 curling clubs nationwide, and television ratings for curling events are often higher than for Hockey Night in Canada. Russ Howard, one of the biggest names in elite curling, shows you how to put everything you can into your game. Howard has won the Brier championship a record-breaking 107 times; he's a multiple World Championship winner and was named 'Curler of the Century' by Sweep magazine. He is also a 2006 Olympic Gold Medallist as a member of Canada's famous 'Team Gushue'. With three decades of experience, Russ has a unique ability to blend the mental and physical sides of curling, and a huge talent for strategy and acing near-impossible shots. Curl to Win is his best advice for improving both your skill level and your understanding of the game. He gives you tips on creating a game plan, choosing the best shot, and the arts of sweeping and delivery. Special attention is given to nutrition and exercise, areas too often neglected by casual curlers. Fully illustrated with step-by-step photographs and diagrams, Curl to Win is the essential guide for all curlers - from vice to elite.
- Author BiographyRUSS HOWARD's curling career spans over thirty years and includes numerous championships at the provincial, world and Olympic levels. He developed the Moncton Rule, which led to the creation of the free guard zone-an innovation that changed the game of curling and was adopted around the world. A member of the Canadian Curling Hall of Fame, Russ was named curler of the century by Sweep! magazine. Russ lives in Moncton, New Brunswick, where he and his wife, Wendy, have formed a new Team Howard as realtors with Re/Max Quality Real Estate.
- Author(s)Russ Howard
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour line drawings
- Weight650 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.