Current Advances in Osteosarcoma by Springer International Publishing AG (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $232.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $269.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCurrent Advances in Osteosarcoma edited by Dr. Eugenie S. Kleinerman summarizes molecular and genetic characteristics, new therapeutic ideas, and biological characteristics that have been uncovered in the past 10 years. Osteosarcoma is an aggressive malignant neoplasm and it is also the most common histological form of bone cancer. It accounts for approximately 56% of new bone tumors, making it the most primary malignant bone tumor in children and adolescents. The lungs are the most common site of metastases and once osteosarcoma spreads to the lungs, it is very difficult to treat. To improve the outcome of this disease, the biology of osteosarcoma needs to be better understood. There are numerous investigators around the world who have made seminal discoveries about the important molecular pathways and genetic alterations that contribute to the development and metastases of osteosarcoma. Other investigators have proposed vel therapeutic strategies including some based on the molecular and genetic phetype of the disease. Current Advances in Osteosarcoma summarizes all of these new discoveries in one singular text, which will help move the field forward.
- Author BiographyEugenie S. Kleinerman, M.D. is Professor and Head of the Division of Pediatrics, the first women Division Head at MD Anderson Cancer Center. She is board certified in pediatrics, holds the Mosbacher Pediatrics Chair and is also a Professor of Cancer Biology. Dr. Kleinerman is internationally recognized for her scientific and clinical expertise in sarcomas, particularly osteosarcoma. She pioneered the use of a unique immunotherapy agent liposome-encapsulated MTP-PE, for children with unresponsive relapsed osteosarcoma lung metastases. Dr. Kleinerman has served on numerous NCI study sections and was a prior member of an FDA advisory panel. She has authored over 177 articles and 21 book chapters and has received over 2900 citations. In 2006, her achievements were recognized by her alma mater, Duke University Medical Center, where she received the Distinguished Medical Alumnus Award. She is the 2009 recipient of the Faculty Achievement Award in Clinical Research.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication13/06/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number804
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 54 colour illustrations, 10 colour tables, biography
- Weight767 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byEugenie S. Kleinerman
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.