Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis book aims to contribute to our kwledge of Turkish Sign Language (TID), and sign language linguistics in general. TID is a relatively old signed language, and is, at present, believed to be historically unrelated to other signed languages. Linguistic studies on this language started in the early 2000s. There has been growing academic interest and an increasing body of work on TID within the past decade, enhancing the need for this this book, which brings together chapters covering a variety of topics, such as the history of deaf education and TID, issues regarding language documentation, a phological study of fingerspelling, reciprocals, interrogatives, reported utterances, expressions of spatial relations including their acquisitions, and expressions of multiple entities. This book was supported in part by the TUBITAK Research Fund, Project No. 111K314. This edited volume serves as a useful resource for newcomers to the field, gives new momentum to future research on TID, and offers unique perspectives in investigating sign languages in general. Finally, the intention is that the conversations within this volume will open up new discussions t only within sign linguistics, but also in other related fields such as cognitive science.
- Author BiographyEngin Arik received his PhD in 2009 from Purdue University is a psycholinguist interested in the relationship between language and cognition in signed and spoken languages. He is Assistant Professor of Psychology at Dogus University, Istanbul. He is the author of the book A Crosslinguistic Study of the Language of Space: Sign and Spoken Languages.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight590 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEngin Arik
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.