All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionPolycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common endocrine disturbance, affecting 10-15% of women in the UK. The definition of PCOS has been much debated, while its pathophysiology appears to be multifactorial and is still being actively researched. There is doubt that PCOS has a significant effect on quality of life and psychological morbidity and, as many specialists are involved in its management, a multidisciplinary approach is required. The 59th RCOG Study Group brought together a range of experts who treat women with PCOS. This book presents the findings of the Study Group, including: * A definition of PCOS * The accuracy of diagstic interventions * The particular challenges of adolescent diagsis and management * The correlation to ethnicity * Current approaches to therapy * The potential individualisation of therapy * The role of the alternative therapies used to manage some aspects of PCOS.
- Author BiographyAdam Balen is a Consultant (Professor of Reproductive Medicine) at St James's University Hospital, Leeds. Stephen Franks is a Professor at St Mary's Hospital, London. Roy Homburg consults in the UK, as Head of Research at the Homerton Fertility Centre, Homerton University Hospital in Hackney, London, in Israel, as the National Advisor on Fertility for Maccabi Medical Services, and as a Consultant at Barzilai Medical Centre, Ashkelon. Sean Kehoe works as a Consultant at Churchill Hospital and John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleRoyal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Study Group
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRCOG Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAdam H. Balen,Roy Homburg,Sean Kehoe,Stephen Franks
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.