All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis thesis examines the adequacy of current military operations on urbanized terrain (MOUT) doctrine for current and future Army operations at the battalion task force level. This study outlines Army MOUT doctrine's development including and since World War II and the current state of Army MOUT doctrine. This study applies four tests to determine the adequacy of MOUT doctrine; mission, threat, terrain and techlogy. Each test involves the general question of whether or t our current MOUT doctrine gives the task force commander the sufficient tools to conduct the range of operations he may execute today or in the near future. Additionally, the study uses two historical vignettes to as lessons learned and ather means of testing MOUT doctine. This study concludes that current Army MOUT doctrine is inadequate for current and future operations. MOUT doctrine does t give the task force commander the tools he requires to conduct the missions, evaluate the threat, analyze the terrain, or use the techlogy available to him in an urban setting.
- Author(s)Phillip T Nethery
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight159 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.