All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionForensic medicine is a broad and evolving field with areas of rapid progress embracing both clinical and pathological aspects of practice, in which there may be considerable overlap. This is the second volume in a series that provides a unique, in-depth and critical update on selected topics of direct relevance to those practising in the field of clinical forensic medicine and related areas including lawyers, police, medical practitioners, forensic scientists, and students. The chapters endeavour to maintain a relevance to an international, multi-professional audience and include chapters on: DNA decontamination, The toxicity of vel psychoactive substances, The relevance of gastric contents in the timing of death, The effects of controlled energy devices, The main risk factors for driving impairment, The risk factors for harm to health of detainees in short-term custody, Autoerotic deaths, Child maltreatment and neglect, and The investigation of potential n-accidental head injury in children. Also included are chapters on excited delirium syndrome, automatism and personality disorders. Two topics t generally covered in standard clinical forensic medical textbooks include a forensic anthropological approach to body recovery in potential crimes against humanity and risk management and security issues for the forensic practitioner investigating potential crimes against humanity in a foreign country.
- Author BiographyDr John Gall is a consultant forensic physician. He is Director of Southern Medical Services Pty Ltd; Associate Professor in the Department of Paediatrics at The University of Melbourne; Consultant at the Victorian Forensic Paediatric Medical Service at the Royal Children's Hospital and Monash Medical Centre; President of the World Police Medical Officers; and Vice-President of the Australasian Association of Forensic Physicians.Jason Payne-James is a Consultant Forensic Physician & Specialist in Forensic & Legal Medicine. He is Honorary Consultant at the Paediatric & Emergency Medicine at St George's Hospital, London; Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Cameron Forensic Medical Sciences, Barts and the London SMD; President at the Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine (Royal College of Physicians); and Director of Forensic Healthcare Services Ltd.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight818 g
- Width176 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJason Payne-James,John A. M. Gall
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.