Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionBreast cancer continues to be a major problem. In Volume 1 of this series we dealt exclusively with topics concerned with therapy. In Volume 2 we explored various aspects of experimental biology which are critical to our developing better methods of diagsis and treatment. In the pres- ent volume, we tum to a series of individual topics of considerable interest, including systemic methods for hormonal ablation, screening for early cancer, male breast cancer, and more. The first chapter addresses the question of why some breast tumors metastasize and others do t. Based on elegant animal tumor models, Kim believes that metastasizing tumor cells are the undesirable by- product of the host immune surveillance mechanism. Unstable mem- brane structures lead to shedding of membrane constituents, abrmal locomotive properties, and evasion of the host defense system. Factors which alter membrane structure will therefore have to be considered in our approach to the management of early breast cancer.
- Author(s)William L. McGuire
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.