All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn September 1991, Victor Zammit and I were in the Department of Biochemistry, the University of Cambridge, discussing ou r collaborative research project when we real ized thepotential value and need fora conference specifically concerned with fatty acid oxidation and ketogenesis. Thei dea, onceseeded, was indulged and flourished into the first Fatty Acid Oxidation & Ketogenesis (FAOx&K) Conference t hatwas held in the Department at Eastertime, 1992. Itw as attended byc olleagues mainly from the U. K. , France and Spain. From these modest beginnings atradition for holding a conference every second yearh asgrown and this Book results from the 4th International FAOx&K Conference that was held in London at the Institute of Child Health & Great Ormond Street Hospital forChildren NHSTrust, University College London Medical School in the new Conference Suite and was attended by colleagues from over twenty c ountries and five different c ontinents. I would like to thank allm y colleagues who havec ontributed to the conferences and, mos t importantly, to this Book. The first two c onferences were held in the University of Cambridge and were orga nized entirely by me but Simon Eaton, who came to work in London with me in Febru ary 1997,b ecame Conference Secretary andco organized the last two meetings. His contribution tot he conferences has been invaluable and w ithout hisdedicated help and effort neither the latermeetings n ort his Book would haveb een possible.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number466
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note35 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight664 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byPatti A. Quant,Simon Eaton
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.