All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCurriculum Leadership by Middle Leaders focusses on major issues relating to the continuing national and international discourse on curriculum leadership, and highlights the vital role of middle leaders in schools. School leadership has focused primarily on first-order change involving school leaders or principals. This book seeks to put the spotlight on second-order change that involves curriculum leadership and professional development support on the part of middle leaders for more sustainable and long-term change in teaching and learning that will influence what happens in classrooms. With timely and thought-provoking contribution from authors who pursue a range of scholarly interests in multiple educational settings, the book is guided by several underlying questions: * How might we re-envision curriculum leadership so that it addresses both local and global concerns and aspirations? * How might we better grasp how middle leaders understand and respond to the pressures of educational reform initiatives? * How might middle leaders transform pressures into possibilities? This book will appeal to current teachers, those currently undertaking teacher training and students or academics carrying out research in the field of educational leadership.
- Author BiographyKelvin Tan Heng Kiat is Head of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning at the National Institute of Education (NIE), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Mary Anne Heng is Associate Professor, Curriculum, Teaching and Learning at the National Institute of Education (NIE), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Christina Lim-Ratnam is Lecturer in Education and Curriculum Theory at the National Institute of Education (NIE), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Asian Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight532 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byChristina Lim-Ratnam,Kelvin Tan Heng Kiat,Mary Anne Heng
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.