Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis research examines the curriculum content for Stability Operations presented during academic year (AY) 2006 to 2007 at the U.S. Army Command and General Staff School (CGSS) as part of the Army's Intermediate Level Education (ILE). Methodology involved examination of all terminal and enabling learning objectives for the common core course and the advanced operations and warfighting course (AOWC). The research determined the number of learning objectives dedicated to stability operations and whether those learning objectives are linked to an assessment to determine competency levels for stability operations. This study challenges the assumption that the CGSS curriculum for stability operations is sufficient to produce mid-career officers who are competent in full spectrum operations (FSO). The study uses qualitative research methods to determine requirements, uncover gaps, and provide recommendations. Data have been collected from analysis of Army doctrine and in depth study of relevant academic works, government directives, professional articles, books, and occasional papers. The initial recommendation is to better focus the learning objectives dedicated to stability operations and to create assessment instruments capable of measuring competency for stability operations.
- Author(s)Gerald J Leonard
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight277 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.