All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDaniel Heller contends that public education is in a downward spiral because we have failed to tice the erosion of the basic curricular dimensions which support the preparation of students as active participants in our ever-changing world. While many books explain procedural kwledge such as how to differentiate instruction, how to create standards-based curriculum, or how to write a constructivist lesson-Curriculum on the Edge of Survival discusses the what and why rather than the how. What is the purpose of schools in a free, democratic society, and why is the answer to that question crucial in deciding the most fundamental questions about curriculum?
- Author BiographyDaniel Heller is the curriculum coordinator for the Windham Southwest Supervisory Union and principal of the Halifax Elementary (K-8) School in Vermont.
- Author(s)Daniel Heller
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/10/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight340 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.