All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBelief in witchcraft, in the Philippines, is mostly restricted to rural folklore and the cinema. But when the brutishly disfigured body of young Benny Montero is discovered, rumors begin to circulate among the residents of Kabutihan village. Numerous sightings of a strange and omius entity only increase the paraia. Members of the Philippines branch of the international nprofit organization, Global Accord who work in the village, are skeptical of the strange occurrences. That is, until one of their own mysteriously disappears. Staff members are at a loss. Police from nearby Cabanatuan City can't be trusted to investigate since some believe they might somehow be involved in the crimes. In desperation, GA Filipi staff members request the assistance of their boss, Field Operations Director Matthew Storms, from the U.S. An overburdened Matt reluctantly agrees to travel to the Philippines to help locate the missing staff member and put an end to the irrational tion of mysterious creatures haunting Kabutihan. Matt soon stumbles onto a hazy trail of evidence that could link the freakish crimes, t only to the police, but to a secretive Japanese organization - one with an obscure and evil history dating back to World War II. Before Matt can confirm his suspicions, however, he's charged with yet ather murder in the village, comes face-to-face with the mysterious creature of island lore and suddenly finds himself embroiled in the most perplexing and terrifying dilemma of his life. 2nd in a series. Mark Tarwater is the author of Pursuing Shaytan.
- Author BiographyAs a former Communications Director for an international nonprofit organization, Mark Tarwater shares unique insights regarding the world's oppressed and those who strive to resolve the crises of poverty, hunger and disease. His experiences among other cultures, integrated with his love of writing and passion for adventure, have allowed the author to craft a fine tale of mystery and suspense within Curse of Aswang, the second in a series. His first novel, Pursuing Shaytan (2012), is an exciting thriller set in East Africa.
- Author(s)Mark W Tarwater
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.