Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCursed to Survive is a thrilling love story set in the actual historical events of Germany at the beginning and during the Third Reich. It takes a unique look inside the mind of a patriotic German bleman with unusual gifts and immense opportunities for glory and domination. We witness the horrors of the Holocaust through his eyes, as he falls madly in love with a daughter of a Jewish doctor in the midst of the Nazi reign. Cursed to Survive is an easy-to-read and passionately engaging vel. It's the story filled with tragedy, real history and a sobering analysis of love, family, friendship, patriotism and other important concepts. The vel features a beautiful, young member of the New York's high society -- Rose Blackford Stern, who in addition to her family's immense wealth and a prominent name has a highly prestigious job with the most influential fashion magazine in New York City. But as readers soon learn, having it all doesn't mean that the search for something beyond the material ever stops. Rose encounters the stunningly handsome Max at the grave of her late grandmother. Max is enigmatic and the subject of Rose's obsession from the moment they meet. Rose has a seemingly perfect life, yet she is unable to shake the emptiness that has consumed her since the death of her beloved grandmother, Aliza, three years prior. Max first meets Aliza when she is a teenage girl in pre-World War II Germany. Max comes from one of the oldest and wealthiest ble families of Europe. The attraction between Maximillian and Aliza is instant and overpowering, albeit impossible -- a German aristocrat could never be with a Jewish commoner. As the Nazi movement gains momentum, their country is shattered and their deep mutual connection becomes deadly. Aliza loses her entire family and lives through terror and abuse before Max infiltrates the Third Reich and rescues her. Nearly seventy years later Max's unusual gifts have brought him to New York, to Aliza's granddaughter Rose, and perhaps to ather chance at love.
- Author BiographyRimma Rose was born in Ukraine on April 19, 1982. She moved to Brooklyn, New York with her entire family at the age of sixteen. Rimma immediately fell in love with America and New York. A voracious reader with a passion for learning, it did not take Rimma long to adapt to her new life in America and to learn the English language, adding to her list of spoken languages that include Russian, Ukrainian, and Italian. Growing up, Rimma enjoyed reading books, especially history and philosophy. Her thirst for knowledge continued into her college years. She received a Bachelor of Arts in Government and Politics from St. Johns University with a Minor in History. Following her undergraduate education, Rimma enrolled in the Master's program at St. Johns Graduate School in Rome, Italy, obtaining her Master's degree in International Law and Diplomacy. Rimma was enamored with Italy and returned to Europe, this time as an intern at the U.S. Consulate in Milan, Italy. She finalized her educational career by adding an MBA in International Business from the Peter J. Tobin School of Business in Rome, Italy and Queens, New York, to her educational accomplishments. After completing her education, Rimma Rose taught undergraduate courses in European politics at her alma mater, St. Johns University. While enjoying teaching, she still felt unsatisfied, constantly searching for her true passion and career path. Following her brief tenure at the university, Rimma began writing and researching for her debut novel, Cursed to Survive. Rose often says that those who don't like history in its purest non-fictional form could truly enjoy reading it in the context of the historically- accurate romantic novels, where fictional plots and characters interchange with actual historical events. By creating a passionate and tragic love story between a German Count and a daughter of a Jewish doctor, the author takes the reader on a breathtaking and terrifying journey by describing the power of love, friendship and honor in the midst of death and atrocities.
- Author(s)Rimma Rose
- PublisherCursed to Survive
- Date of Publication28/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCursed to Survive
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight789 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.