All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do citizens counter corruption and exact accountability from power holders? What strategic value does people power bring to the anticorruption struggle? Can bottom-up, citizen-based strategies complement and reinforce top-down anticorruption efforts? Addressing these questions-and demonstrating the critical role of grassroots efforts in the anticorruption/accountability equation-Shaazka Beyerle explores how millions of people around the world have refused to be victims of corruption and become instead the protagonists of successful nviolent civic movements to gain accountability and promote positive political, social, and ecomic change.
- Author BiographyShaazka Beyerle is senior adviser at the International Center on Nonviolent Conflict and also visiting scholar at the Center for Transatlantic Relations, School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, USA.
- Author(s)Shaazka Beyerle
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.