All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Curtain Raisers Scene: The little parlour of the Bassets. A lamp burns on a table; a window with a low sill opens upon the night at back; the door is on the left of window and the fire-place is on the right. Great neatness characterises the room. There are coloured prints of familiar and famous pictures from Christmas numbers of The Graphic and Illustrated London News upon the walls. Also a framed and glazed diploma of the Ancient Order of Buffaloes. A suite of cheap furniture is distributed round the room with withering precision. The two arm-chairs have antimacassars over them, and stand on each side of the fire-place. Upon the window-sill are plants in pots; one is a large red-flowered cactus. The mantelpiece supports a gilt clock under a glass shade, with candlesticks and brightly coloured china on each side of it. Photographs in frames, a few large, brightly bound books, and a glass case of stuffed birds occupy the table. There is a chair drawn beside it, and a woman's workbox stands open under the lamp. Melinda. [Off.] You low-minded, mean-spirited trash! A worms prouder than you - and a pig's cleaner! About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Eden Phillpotts
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.