All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt forty-four, Tom Jokinen decided to quit his job in order to become an apprentice undertaker, setting out to ask the questions: What is the right thing to do when someone dies? With the marketplace offering new options (go green, go anti-corporate, go Disney, be packed into an artificial reef and dropped in the Atlantic...), is there still room for tradition? In a year of adventures both hair-raising and hilarious, Jokinen finds a world that is radically changed since Jessica Mitford revised The American Way of Death, more surprising than Six Feet Under, and even funnier and more illuminating than Stiff. If Bill Bryson were to apprentice at a funeral home, searching for the meaning of life and death, you'd have Curtains.
- Author BiographyTom Jokinen is a radio producer and video-journalist who has also worked as a railroad operator and an editorial cartoonist. Jokinen spent two years in medical school, where he dissected two human cadavers. He and his wife live in Ottawa.
- Author(s)Tom Jokinen
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication02/03/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.