All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionCut Down to Size covers everything you need to know about bariatric surgery, from referral through to the challenges you may face after surgery. Most people who seek weight loss surgery have struggled for many years to control their eating, and have experienced increasing health limitations, self-consciousness and discrimination. People see weight loss surgery as their last chance for a better, more normal life. While hopeful fantasies about an alternative future make it hard to contemplate the risk of failure, some patients experience considerable emotional or physical problems. This book offers insight into the realities of living with weight loss surgery, and practical exercises help you think through your emotional readiness, social circumstances and eating habits that could determine the success of surgery. Active preparation for surgery by making psychological and lifestyle changes puts you in the best position to achieve better health and emotional wellbeing. Cut Down to Size is the first book to focus on the psychological and social aspects of weight loss surgery and will be of interest to health professionals as well as anyone contemplating weight loss surgery. By sharing the experiences of other bariatric patients, the reader can appreciate the nature of life after surgery and make a judgement about their capacity to cope with these demands.
- Author BiographyJenny Radcliffe is a Consultant Clinical Health Psychologist. Since completing her training at University College London she has specialised in working with people with physical health problems. For the past eight years her primary interest has been in the psychological impact of obesity and weight loss surgery.
- Author(s)Jenny Radcliffe
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2013
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.