All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe updated second edition of Cutaneous Manifestations of Infection in the Immucompromised Host is an invaluable reference for physicians and ancillary medical professionals involved in the care of patients with impaired immune systems due to cancer, chemotherapy, systemic steroids and other immusuppressive drugs, HIV/AIDS or organ transplantation. This volume will help you recognize skin lesions and diagse their infectious cause. Textbook features include: * Over 350 color images demonstrating pathogmonic, atypical, rare and routine skin lesions * Tables for differential diagsis of different skin lesions in the immucompromised host * Complete coverage of infectious pathogens with the patterns of infection and the likely causes in different clinical settings (HIV/AIDS versus solid organ transplantation versus neutropenia post-chemotherapy versus bone marrow recovery post hematopoietic stem cell transplantation ) * New chapter discussing the role of viruses causing malignancies with cutaneous signs in the immucompromised patient Written by dermatologists, the new edition is an indispensable diagstic tool intended for use by all clinicians who care for immucompromised patients.
- Author BiographyMarc E. Grossman, M.D., F.A.C.P. Professor of Clinical Dermatology College of Physicians and Surgeons Director, Hospital Consultation Service New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center New York, NY Lindy P. Fox, M.D. Associate Professor of Clinical Dermatology Director, Hospital Consultation Service University of California, San Francisco San Francisco, California Carrie Kovarik, MD Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Dermatopathology, and Infectious Diseases University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Misha Rosenbach, MD Assistant Professor of Dermatology and Internal Medicine Director Dermatology Inpatient Consult Service University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Author(s)Carrie Kovarik,Lindy P. Fox,Marc E. Grossman,Misha Rosenbach
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/01/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 362 colour illustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2012
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.