All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMachining is one of the most important manufacturing processes, which remove unwanted material in the form of chips from a workpiece. Material removal operations are among the most expensive; in the U.S. alone, more than $100 billion were spent on machining in 1999. These high costs put tremendous ecomic pressures on production managers and engineers as they struggle to find ways to increase productivity. Machining recommendations provided in this book, cover two major metalcutting processes - turning and face milling, since they allow removing more material per unit of time and consuming more power at the roughing operations than end milling, boring or drilling.Machining recommendations relate to cutting speeds, feed rates, and depth of cuts. Such recommendations depend on the workpiece material properties and the cutting tool material. Workpiece materials described in this book are the most commonly used grades of carbon, alloy, stainless, tool, and maraging steels. Cutting tool materials are cemented carbides, cermets, and ceramics.
- Author(s)Edmund Isakov
- PublisherIndustrial Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndustrial Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.