All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCutting Edge Internal Auditing provides guidance and kwledge for every internal auditor, encouraging each to pioneer new ground in the development of their professional practices in all risk management, control and governance processes. Serving as an excellent reference guide that develops a pattern of internal auditing w and for the future, this book explores the concept of 'cutting edge' internal auditing as an imaginative adventure: demonstrating how this has influenced and will continue to influence the development of professionalism in internal auditing. Built on the foundations of Jeffrey Ridley's extensive internal auditing experience across the public and private sectors, the author uses his articles and research to explore and develop the motivations, goals and categories of invation in internal auditing today. It develops and brings up to date an imaginative internal auditing model, created and used by the author in the early 1980s, drawing on research and guidance by The Institute of Internal Auditors Inc., its Research Foundation and the Institute of Internal Auditors - UK and Ireland. Each chapter stands alone by focusing on an individual internal auditing theme, considered from both the perspective of internal auditing and its customers to suggest an appropriate vision as a goal for every internal audit activity. Each chapter also includes self-assessment questions to challenge the readers understanding of its messages. Accompanied by a CD ROM containing some of the author's training slides and seventy case studies, many written by leading internal audit practitioners, this book creates a vision for future cutting edge internal auditing.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Ridley started his auditing career in Her Majesty's Colonial Audit Service in 1953, working in Nigeria, West Africa, as a government and local authority external auditor. In 1963 he left Nigeria to return to the United Kingdom and joined Vauxhall Motors Limited as a senior auditor. In 1965 he moved to Kodak Limited, England. He was appointed internal audit manager in 1971 and served in that position until his retirement from Kodak in 1993. In 1991, he accepted a position as visiting professor of auditing at the then South Bank Polytechnic, teaching an internal auditing unit at undergraduate level. After retirement from Kodak, he increased his teaching time and research at the now London South Bank University. He currently facilitates student research and teaches corporate governance at postgraduate level at that university. In 2006, he also accepted a similar position at the University of Central England, Birmingham, England. He has written and researched widely and internationally on internal auditing and governance topics. He is a past president of the Institute of Internal Auditors UK & Ireland and has served on many of its committees and the international committees of The IIA Inc.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Ridley
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/05/2008
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1092 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.