All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the complete guide to pattern cutting for special occasion clothes: party dresses and eveningwear. With step-by-step instructions and clear, informative diagrams, Dawn Cloake shows how to develop the basic design blocks to create a wide range of designs, encouraging you to 'mix and match' elements to create your own unique garments. Special features include tips on combining pattern cutting with modelling techniques and advice on using stretch fabrics. Design elements include: sleeveless bodices, backless bodices, wrapover bodices, ruched bodices, flare skirts, full skirts, set-in sleeves, yoked trousers, jersey dresses, Empire line dresses, low necklines, wide necklines, draped bodices, close-fit skirts, godets, close-fitting sleeves, short sleeves, tapered trousers, bias-cut dresses, strapless dresses, hipsters, plunge necklines, asymmetrical bodices, strapless bodices, draped necklines, fishtail skirts, separate sleeves, jackets, high-waisted trousers, panelled dresses, backless dresses and waistbands.
- Author BiographyDawn Cloake was a visiting lecturer at the London College of Fashion where she taught modelling on the stand, pattern cutting and bridalwear.
- Author(s)Dawn Cloake
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Noteblack and white illustrations throughout
- Weight408 g
- Width210 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.