All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the benefits of surgery do t outweigh the harms or where they do t clearly do so, surgical interventions become morally contested. Cutting to the Core examines a number of such surgeries, including infant male circumcision and cutting the genitals of female children, the separation of conjoined twins, surgical sex assignment of intersex children and the surgical re-assignment of transsexuals, limb and face transplantation, cosmetic surgery, and placebo surgery.
- Author BiographyDavid Benatar is an associate professor and head of the philosophy department at the University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication07/03/2006
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDavid Benatar
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.