Cuttings: A Year in the Garden with Christopher Lloyd by Christopher Lloyd (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChristopher Lloyd was the grand old man of British gardening and gardening writers. From 1989 until 2006 - when he died aged 84 - he produced his Guardian column from his beloved house and garden, Great Dixter in East Sussex. His kwledge as a plantsman was prodigious, yet he wrote in an easy, direct and vigorous manner, advising, entertaining and cajoling his readers as he guided them through the gardening year. Nothing was too small for his sharply observant eye and his impish disregard for received opinion or fashion - 'that awful phrase, good taste' - endeared him to his readers, and emboldened many to take up his constant challenge to experiment. Preparing the ground, planting for summer scent, choosing a shrub for all-year round pleasure, pruning, going organic, cottage gardens, placing a favourite hellebore, thinking about conifers or growing your own veg - all fell within his purview. And, in everything he wrote, he transmitted his huge appetite and enthusiasm for the pleasure that a garden brings.
- Author BiographyChristopher Lloyd OBE VMH devoted his life to creating, and writing about, his garden at Great Dixter, which is one of the most exciting and constantly changing gardens of our time. He always captivated readers and audiences with his adventurous and witty approach to his subject. He was the subject of a BBC documentary entitled 'Gardener Provocateur', made after his death in 2006. His best-selling books include Succession Planting for Adventurous Gardeners, as well as a string of other gardening classics such as The Well-Tempered Garden and Meadows. He wrote regularly for magazines and newspapers, including Country Life, American Horticulture and the Guardian.
- Author(s)Christopher Lloyd
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 pages of colour plates
- Weight556 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.