All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionAvailable for the first time in English, Georges Cuvier s extraordinary History of the Natural Sciences provides a detailed chrological survey of the natural sciences spanning more than three millennia. Cuvier had encyclopedic kwledge, an incomparable memory, and fluency in many languages, making him the ideal person to investigate and interpret firsthand the scientific literature of Europe. Supplying a set of useful references to a vast ancient literature t easily found elsewhere, this first of five volumes offers new insight into the rewned French naturalist s concept of the natural sciences and the breadth of this human endeavor.
- Author BiographyTheodore W. Pietsch is the Dorothy T. Gilbert Professor in the School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences and Curator of Fishes at the Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture at the University of Washington in Seattle. He is the author of many books, including The Curious Death of Peter Artedi: A Mystery in the History of Science.
- PublisherFrench National Museum Natural History
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFrench National Museum Natural History
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight1406 g
- Width168 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byTheodore W Pietsch
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.