All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHe was the winner of 511 major league baseball games, nearly a hundred more than any other pitcher. He threw three -bitters, including the first perfect game in the new American League. He was among the original twelve players inducted into baseball's Hall of Fame, and his name is w attached to the game's most prestigious pitching award. Yet for all his accomplishments, Cy Young remains to many baseball fans a legendary but little-kwn figure. This book re-creates the life of Denton True Cyclone Young and places his story in the context of a rapidly changing turn-of-the-century America.
- Author BiographyReed Browning is professor of history and former provost at Kenyon College.
- Author(s)Reed Browning
- PublisherUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2003
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Content Note24 illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width154 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.