All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMuch as Che Guevara's book Guerilla Warfare helped define and delineate a new type of warfare in the wake of the Cuban revolution in 1961, Cyber Guerilla will help define the new types of threats and fighters w appearing in the digital landscape. Cyber Guerilla provides valuable insight for infosec professionals and consultants, as well as government, military, and corporate IT strategists who must defend against myriad threats from n-state actors. The authors take readers inside the operations and tactics of cyber guerillas, who are changing the dynamics of cyber warfare and information security through their unconventional strategies and threats. This book draws lessons from the authors' own experiences but also from illustrative hacker groups such as Anymous, LulzSec and Rebellious Rose.
- Author BiographyJelle Van Haaster, LL.M. University Utrecht, BA War Studies, Faculty of Military Sciences, is an award-winning writer, software programmer/developer, and speaker. He is an officer in the Royal Netherlands Army and has a diverse background in legal, military, and technical defense matters. Jelle recently developed an award-winning software app for effectively utilizing social media during military operations, and he is the author of multiple scholarly IT-Law, IT, and military-operational publications. He is currently completing his multidisciplinary Ph.D. thesis on the future utility of military Cyber Operations during conflicts at the Netherlands Defense Academy and University of Amsterdam. Rickey Gevers is currently Chief Intelligence Officer at the security firm Redsocks. He has been responsible for numerous revelations regarding high-profile security incidents both national and international. He was, amongst other, the first person to discover key logger used by Dutch law enforcement agencies and uncovered several criminal gangs and their operations. As an expert in technical matters he has been frequently consulted or hired as lead investigator, including in some of the largest security incidents the world has ever seen. Rickey appears frequently in Dutch media and has hosted his own TV show called Hackers. Martijn Sprengers is an IT security advisor and professional penetration tester who is specialised in conducting covert cyber operations, also called 'red teaming'. He performs digital threat actor simulation by using real world tactics and techniques to infiltrate complex IT environments for his clients. With his vast knowledge of offensive security he helps international organisations to strengthen their preventive security measures, increase their detection capabilities and prepare themselves for real attacks. He holds an M.Sc. in computer security, performed research on password encryption techniques and has written multiple articles in the field of IT security, cybercrime and cryptography.
- Author(s)Jelle Van Haaster,Martijn Sprengers,Rickey Gevers
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.