Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionFew doubt that China wants to be a major ecomic and military power on the world stage. To achieve this ambitious goal, however, the PRC leadership kws that China must first become an advanced information-based society. But does China have what it takes to get there? Are its leaders prepared to make the tough choices required to secure China s cyber future? Or is there a fundamental mismatch between China s cyber ambitions and the policies pursued by the CCP until w? This book offers the first comprehensive analysis of China s information society. It explores the key practical challenges facing Chinese politicians as they try to marry the development of modern information and communications techlogy with old ways of governing their people and conducting international relations. Fundamental realities of the information age, t least its globalizing character, are forcing the pace of techlogical change in China and are t fully compatible with the old PRC ethics of stability, national industrial strength and sovereignty. What happens to China in future decades will depend on the ethical choices its leaders are willing to make today. The stakes are high. But if China s ruling party does t adapt more aggressively to the defining realities of power and social organization in the information age, the China dream looks unlikely to become a reality.
- Author BiographyGreg Austin is leader of the Policy Innovation Unit at the East-West Institute and the author of several highly regarded books on international security.
- Author(s)Greg Austin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleChina Today
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight404 g
- Width148 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.