All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConquering cyber attacks requires a multi-sector, multi-modal approach Cyber Threat! How to Manage the Growing Risk of Cyber Attacks is an in-depth examination of the very real cyber security risks facing all facets of government and industry, and the various factors that must align to maintain information integrity. Written by one of the nation's most highly respected cyber risk analysts, the book describes how businesses and government agencies must protect their most valuable assets to avoid potentially catastrophic consequences. Much more than just cyber security, the necessary solutions require government and industry to work cooperatively and intelligently. This resource reveals the extent of the problem, and provides a plan to change course and better manage and protect critical information. Recent news surrounding cyber hacking operations show how intellectual property theft is w a matter of national security, as well as ecomic and commercial security. Consequences are far-reaching, and can have ermous effects on national ecomies and international relations. Aggressive cyber forces in China, Russia, Eastern Europe and elsewhere, the rise of global organized criminal networks, and inattention to vulnerabilities throughout critical infrastructures converge to represent an abundantly clear threat. Managing the threat and keeping information safe is w a top priority for global businesses and government agencies. Cyber Threat! breaks the issue down into real terms, and proposes an approach to effective defense. Topics include: * The information at risk * The true extent of the threat * The potential consequences across sectors * The multifaceted approach to defense The growing cyber threat is fundamentally changing the nation's ecomic, diplomatic, military, and intelligence operations, and will extend into future techlogical, scientific, and geopolitical influence. The only effective solution will be expansive and complex, encompassing every facet of government and industry. Cyber Threat! details the situation at hand, and provides the information that can help keep the nation safe.
- Author BiographyMacDONNELL ULSCH is currently a managing director of cyber crime and breach response at a large international consulting firm. He is the author of the highly regarded book Threat! Managing Risk in a Hostile World. Mr. Ulsch has investigated many high-impact cyber breach and technology espionage cases and advises a diverse range of private-sector and government clients on the cyber threat, how to manage a cyber attack when it occurs, and how to reduce the risk impact of one. He has appeared on Fox News, ABC News, and other media outlets, and has been quoted in many publications, including academic and military studies.
- Author(s)MacDonnell Ulsch
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleWiley Corporate F&A
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight406 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.