All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book surveys a 'cluster' of works that seek to explore the cultures of cyberspace, the Internet and the information society. It introduces key ideas, and includes detailed discussion of the work of two key thinkers in this area, Manuel Castells and Donna Haraway, as well as outlining the development of cyberculture studies as a field. To do this, the book also explores selected 'moments' in this development, from the early 1990s, when cyberspace and cyberculture were only just beginning to come together as ideas, up to the present day, when the field of cyberculture studies has grown and bloomed, producing invative theoretical and empirical work from a diversity of standpoints. Key topics include: * life on the screen * network society * space of flows * cyborg methods. Cyberculture Theorists is the ideal starting point for anyone wanting to understand how to theorise cyberculture in all its myriad forms.
- Author BiographyDepartment of Sociology, Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Author(s)Mr David Bell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Critical Thinkers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.