Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionCyberpsychology is the study of human interactions with the internet, mobile computing and telephony, games consoles, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, and other contemporary electronic techlogies. The field has grown substantially over the past few years and this book surveys how researchers are tackling the impact of new techlogy on human behaviour and how people interact with this techlogy. Examining topics as diverse as online dating, social networking, online communications, artificial intelligence, health-information seeking behaviour, education online, online therapies and cybercrime, Cyberpsychology and New Media book provides an in-depth overview of this burgeoning field, and allows those with little previous kwledge to gain an appreciation of the diversity of the research being undertaken in the area. Arranged thematically and structured for accessibility, Cyberpsychology and New Media will be essential reading for researchers and students in Social Psychology and Cyberpsychology, and in Communication and Media Studies.
- Author BiographyAndrew Power is Head of the Faculty of Film, Art, and Creative Technologies at the Institute of Art, Design, and Technology in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland. Prior to this Andrew spent many years in the ICT industry working for a number of multinational corporations. Originally trained as an engineer, Andrew holds an MA from the University of Dublin, an MBA from the University of Strathclyde and a doctorate in Governance from Queens University Belfast. Andrew's research interests include social networking, governance and the psychology of online crime. Grainne Kirwan is a lecturer in psychology in IADT, teaching on both the BSc (Hons) in Applied Psychology and the MSc in Cyberpsychology. She lectures on topics such as forensic psychology, cyberpsychology, computer-mediated communication and the psychology of virtual reality and artificial intelligence. She holds a PhD in Criminology as well as an MSc in Applied Forensic Psychology, a Postgraduate Certificate in Third Level Learning and Teaching, and an MLitt in Psychology.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 27 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAndrew Power,Grainne Kirwan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.