All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionCYBERSECURITY: THE ESSENTIAL BODY OF KNOWLEDGE provides a comprehensive, trustworthy framework of practices for assuring information security. This book is organized to help readers understand how the various roles and functions within cybersecurity practice can be combined and leveraged to produce a secure organization. In this unique book, concepts are t presented as stagnant theory; instead, the content is interwoven in a real world adventure story that runs throughout. In the story, a fictional company experiences numerous pitfalls of cyber security and the reader is immersed in the everyday practice of securing the company through various characters' efforts. This approach grabs learners' attention and assists them in visualizing the application of the content to real-world issues that they will face in their professional life. Derived from the Department of Homeland Security's Essential Body of Kwledge (EBK) for IT Security, this book is an indispensable resource dedicated to understanding the framework, roles, and competencies involved with information security.
- Author BiographyDan Shoemaker is a professor and senior research scientist at the Center for Cyber Security and Intelligence Studies--a National Security Agency (NSA) Center of Academic Excellence--at the University of Detroit Mercy (UDM). He also served as chair of the Computer and Information Systems Department at UDM for 25 years and holds a visiting appointment at London South Bank University. Dr. Shoemaker is co-chair of the Software Assurance Workforce Training and Education working group within the Department of Homeland Security's National Cybersecurity Division (NCSD). He has also served the NCSD as a member of the working group that developed its Essential Body of Knowledge, and as an expert panelist on three national working groups. A prolific author, Dr. Shoemaker is one of three domain editors for the Software Assurance Common Body of Knowledge. He lectures internationally on cybersecurity, information assurance, and software engineering topics, and he founded the International Cybersecurity Education Coalition (ICSEC) to connect higher education institutions and expand teaching of standard information assurance curricula throughout the Midwest. Dr. Shoemaker is the recipient of the Michigan Homeland Security annual Statewide award for Educators (2007). Wm. Arthur Conklin is an Assistant Professor and Director of the Center for Information Security Research and Education in the College of Technology at the University of Houston. He received his Ph.D. in Business Administration, from The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA). He holds Security+, CISSP, CSSLP, IAM and IEM certifications. His research interests include the use of systems theory to explore information security, specifically in Cyber Physical Systems. He has an extensive background in secure coding and is a co-chair of the DHS Software Assurance Forum working group for workforce education, training and development.
- Author(s)Dan Shoemaker,Wm. Arthur Conklin
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight770 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.