Cybersociety 2.0: Revisiting Computer-Mediated Community and Technology by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $120.63Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 9 Feb
- AU $20.18+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike its predecessor, the bestselling CyberSociety, published in 1994, Cybersociety 2.0 is rooted in criticism and analysis of computer-mediated techlogies to assist readers in becoming critically aware of the hype and hopes pinned on computer-mediated communication and of the cultures that are emerging among Internet users. Both books are products of a particular moment in time, and serve as snapshots of the concerns and issues that surround the burgeoning new techlogies of communication. After a brief introduction to the history of computer-mediated communication, each essay in this volume highlights specific cyber 'societies' and how computer-mediated communication affects the tion of self and its relation to community. Contributors probe issues of community, standards of conduct, communication, means of fixing identity, kwledge, information and the exercise of power in social relations.
- Author BiographySteve Jones is professor and head of the Department of Communication at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He is author/editor of numerous books, including Doing Internet Research, The Encyclopedia of New Media, CyberSociety, and Virtual Culture. He is co-founder and president of the Association of Internet Researchers and co-editor of New Media & Society, an international journal of research on new media, technology, and culture. He also edits New Media Cultures, a series of books on culture and technology for Sage Publications, and Digital Formations, a series of books on new media for Peter Lang Publishers.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/08/1998
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleNew Media Cultures
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notetables, figures, references, index
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited bySteven Jones
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.