Cyberspace and International Relations: Theory, Prospects and Challenges by Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $160.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $259.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCyberspace is everywhere in today's world and has significant implications t only for global ecomic activity, but also for international politics and transnational social relations. This compilation addresses for the first time the cyberization of international relations - the growing dependence of actors in IR on the infrastructure and instruments of the internet, and the penetration of cyberspace into all fields of their activities. The volume approaches this topical issue in a comprehensive and interdisciplinary fashion, bringing together scholars from disciplines such as IR, security studies, ICT studies and philosophy as well as experts from everyday cyber-practice. In the first part, concepts and theories are presented to shed light on the relationship between cyberspace and international relations, discussing implications for the discipline and presenting fresh and invative theoretical approaches. Contributions in the second part focus on specific empirical fields of activity (security, ecomy, diplomacy, cultural activity, transnational communication, critical infrastructure, cyber espionage, social media, and more) and address emerging challenges and prospects for international politics and relations.
- Author BiographyJan-Frederik Kremer heads the research group Economy and Finance at the Center for Global Studies, University of Bonn, where he works as research fellow and lecturer. He studied Political Science, History, Economics and Philosophy at the Ruhr University Bochum and is PhD Candidate in the PhD program International Development Studies at the Institute of Development Research and Development Policy (IEE) and member of the DFG funded Research School . He was awarded several scholarships, like the Bronnbacher Scholarship and numerous DAAD and DFG travel and conference grants. He was a visiting scholar at the Miami-Florida European Union Center, University of Miami, and at the University of the Western Cape, South-Africa. He is (co)-author and (co)-editor of a number of publications, like Power in the 21st Century - International Security and International Political Economy in a Changing World , Towards an New Understanding of Structural Power , Global Power Europe, Volume 1 and 2 and Innovative Capabilities and Market Performance: The European Union in International Comparison . Jan-Frederik presents his work frequently at major international (ISA, BISA, ECPR) and national (DGPW) conferences. Jan-Frederik is also Co-Initiator of cnsltnts and has conducted consultancy projects in South-Africa, the US and Germany. Benedikt Muller is a technology consultant at Accenture with prior work experience as a technical sales professional at IBM. He holds a Bachelor's degree in International Management and a Master's degree in IT Management. His research interests revolve around the business impact of technology and the political and economic impact of cyber security.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight625 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBenedikt Muller,Jan-Frederik Kremer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.