All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearching an individual's, firm's or brand's online presence has become standard practice for many employers, investigators, and intelligence officers, including law enforcement. Countless companies and organizations are implementing their own policies, procedures, and practices for Internet investigations, cybervetting, and intelligence. Cybervetting: Internet Searches for Vetting, Investigations, and Open-Source Intelligence, Second Edition examines our society's growing dependence on networked systems, exploring how individuals, businesses, and governments have embraced the Internet, including social networking for communications and transactions. It presents two previously unpublished studies of the effectiveness of cybervetting, and provides best practices for ethical cybervetting, advocating strengthened online security. Relevant to investigators, researchers, legal and policy professionals, educators, law enforcement, intelligence, and other practitioners, this book establishes the core skills, applicable techniques, and suitable guidelines to greatly enhance their practices. The book includes the outcomes of recent legal cases relating to discoverable information on social media that have established guidelines for using the Internet in vetting, investigations, and open-source intelligence. It outlines new tools and tactics, and indicates what is and isn't admissible under current laws. It also highlights current cybervetting methods, provides legal frameworks for Internet searching as part of investigations, and describes how to effectively integrate cybervetting into an existing screening procedure. What's New in the Second Edition: * Presents and analyzes results of two recent studies of the effectiveness of cybervetting * Updates key litigation trends, investigative advances, HR practices, policy considerations, social networking, and Web 2.0 searching * Includes the latest tactics and guidelines for cybervetting * Covers policy, legal issues, professional methodology, and the operational techniques of cybervetting * Provides a strengthened rationale, legal foundation, and procedures for successful cybervetting * Contains compelling evidence that trends in legal, policy, and procedural developments argue for early adoption of cybervetting * Presents new strategies and methodologies Cybervetting: Internet Searches for Vetting, Investigations, and Open-Source Intelligence, Second Edition is a relevant and timely resource well suited to businesses, government, n-profits, and academia looking to formulate effective Internet search strategies, methodologies, policies, and procedures for their practices or organizations.
- Author BiographyEdward J. (Ed) Appel, Sr., is owner-principal of iNameCheck, a boutique private investigative, consulting, and training firm. He is a retired FBI special agent and executive, specializing in counterintelligence and terrorism, and served as the director of counterintelligence and security programs at the National Security Council and the White House. Appel has written numerous government-sponsored classified and unclassified counterintelligence and counterterrorism studies, lectures, and papers. Ed is a graduate of Georgetown University, the Defense Language Institute, and the National Cryptologic School, and taught at the FBI Academy and as visiting lecturer at such institutions as Carnegie-Mellon, MIT Lincoln Labs, Georgetown University, and Johns Hopkins University.
- Author(s)Edward J. Appel
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.