All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a record of all the papers delivered by experts in cycle history from around the world at the 16th International Conference on Cycle History, held from 7-10th September 2005 in the City of Davis, America's premier cycling city. The conference covered the early days of bicycle techlogy, social cycling and cycle sport: Re-inventing the Wheel; The Cyclist-friendly Community; Bikeway Research; Annie Londonderry; High Peak Velocipede Club; Bicycle Transportation; Women's Cycling Attire 1890s; Great Bicycle Trust 1899-1903; Canadian Frontier; French Expansion, American Collapse 1890-1910; The Cycle on Display; Bicycle as Communications Medium; Across America; Women and Cycle Touring; Destination San Francisco; and, The Miller Collection. The annual Cycle History Conferences have established a firm reputation as a forum where academics, bicycle industry professionals and amateur historians alike can share and extend their kwledge and historical insights into the heritage of cycling. It is an essential volume for all libraries and collectors of cycle and transport history.
- PublisherVan Der Plas Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication14/09/2006
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVan Der Plas Publications,U.S.
- Content Note120 b+w photos & illustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Edited byAndrew Ritchie
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.