Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionA fly-on-the-wall account of the greatest drama in modern sporting history by the New York Times cycling correspondent. As Lance Armstrong's precipitous fall from grace continues, New York Times sports reporter Juliet Macur takes the reader behind the scenes to bring to life the astonishing twists and turns of the scandal that has rocked the world of cycling. With unprecedented access to the key players in the drama - from Armstrong's fellow cyclists and top cycling officials to doctors, trainers and wives - 'Cycle of Lies' reveals how Armstrong built a fortress of people around him to protect his image and upend the lives of anybody who stood in his way. As America's fallen idol faces potential perjury charges, 'Cycle of Lies' widens the focus to expose corruption at all levels of the sport in a thrilling, page-turning work of contemporary narrative history.
- Author BiographyJuliet Macur is a leading sports reporter for The New York Times. Since 2004, she has covered the Olympics and Olympic sports, doping and legal issues for the paper. She has been at the forefront of reporting the Lance Armstrong story. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Juliet Macur
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/03/2014
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Out-of-print date20/11/2014
- Content Note30 b/w illus, 2 b/w plates
- Weight870 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine47 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.