All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoad cyclists from across the world have long embraced the hairpin bends, steep gradients and thin air of mountain roads. This book of twenty cycling climbs from across Europe, the USA and South America offers a glimpse into the allure of reaching the high mountains by bike. Each climb includes a dedicated drawing by Nigel Peake - which can be detached and fitted into an 11 x 14-inch frame - and a description of the climb, including details of its height, length and gradient. Notorious stories of each climb's inclusion in the great cycling races, such as the Giro d'Italia and the Tour de France, are also told, as well as tips for following in the tyre tracks of cycle racing's stars and taking these monsters on yourself.
- Author BiographyClaire Beaumont is a lead creative at London-based bespoke bicycle manufacturer Condor Cycles. She has written about cycling for many publications including The Ride Journal, Cycling Weekly and Cycling Active. Nigel Peake studied architecture in Edinburgh where he was awarded a RIBA silver medal commendation. He currently lives in Switzerland, where he teaches and draws. His work has been shown in Paris, London and New York. His previous books have explored the dark, the city, and the wilds, as well as bridges and sheds.
- Author(s)Claire Beaumont,Nigel Peake
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width277 mm
- Height351 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.