All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth in a series of 8 new cycling climbs guides from bestselling author of 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs and Ather 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs, Simon Warren. Spanning the width of England, the Midlands contain numerous (literally) breath-taking climbs. The isolation of the Lincolnshire Wolds and the desolation of the Long Mynd are home to a myriad of challenges, and matter where you look, you're never too far from an absolute killer. Highlights include the infamous Mow Cop, the rugged Michaelgate and the savage Asterton Bank. Add to these the famous ascents of the Peak District - Winnats Pass, Curbar Edge and Monsal Head - and you are truly spoilt for choice. So, what are you waiting for?
- Author BiographySIMON WARREN has been obsessed with cycling since the summer of 1989 after watching Greg Lemond battle Laurent Fignon in the Tour de France. A few weeks later he rode his first race, a 10 mile time trial on the A1 from Newark to Grantham and back. Although not having what it took to beat the best, he found his forte was racing up hills, and so began his fascination with steep roads. His quest to discover Britain's greatest climbs resulted in the bestselling 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs, followed by Another 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs, Hellingen: A Road Cyclist's Guide to Belgium's Greatest Cycling Climbs and 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs of the Tour de France: A Cyclist's Guide to Riding the Mountains of the Tour. Simon works during the day as a magazine art editor and lives in Walthamstow, east London with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Simon Warren
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Width110 mm
- Height160 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.