All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIt used to be said that a cycling specialist cant win an Ironman - until Normann Stadler proved otherwise in the 2004 Hawaii Ironman. But even if winning an Ironman is t your primary goal, cycling remains a crucial part in every triathlon. This book was designed to meet the special demands of a triathlete in order to integrate the cycling in his overall training. Efficient training demands a clear insight in the right set-up of the training within a general triathlon training plan, the right training intensity, and the constant interplay of effort and relaxation. Cycling for Triathletes sheds light on the most important aspects of cycling training for triathletes, especially from a practical point of view. Paul Van Den Bosch deals with all training components of cycling training in a sound and, yet very understandable way. All the aspects of a triathlete's cycling training, like training forms, training with the heart rate monitor, or cycling technique, are fully illustrated with examples of training schedules. Every triathlete can adapt these schedules to his own needs. Questions about overtraining are also answered, and special attention is given to the nutrition of the cyclist. Also dealt with are, of course, the transitions before and after cycling, as well as the best training for climbing, strength training on the bike, n-drafting races and races where drafting is allowed. It is the latest title in the official Ironman books.
- Author BiographyPaul Van Den Bosch from Antwerp in Belgium is a professional coach of many top athletes in the fields of cycling and triathlon. As coach of the cycling team of 5-times Tour de France winner Eddy Merckx he was for 6 years responsible for many young athletes on their way to a professional career. He is also the coach of wheelchair Ironman athlete Marc Herremans, with whom he founded the To Walk Again -foundation for research on spinal damage. Together they achieved a 6th place in the Ironman Hawaii before Marc's accident. Paul has written several books on cycling training, triathlon training, and training with the heart rate monitor, all of which are bestsellers in Belgium and the Netherlands.
- Author(s)Paul van den Bosch
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer
- Date of Publication29/06/2006
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Series TitleIronman S.
- Place of PublicationAachen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer
- Out-of-print date14/01/2017
- Content Note54 full-colour illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.