All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEuripides' Cyclops is the only complete surviving example of a Satyric drama. The Satyr-play drama has a nature entirely of its own, neither tragic r comic, but something between the two. Its most distinctive feature is its chorus of Satyrs, strange creatures, half goat and half men, the attendants of Dionysus. This edition was originally published by Cambridge University Press and is intended for students who have previously read little or Greek drama. The tes provide linguistic help and more difficult verb forms are given separately in the vocabulary. There is also an additional vocabulary of particles and of cases to assist the relative beginner. Literary questions raised by the play are dealt with and the role of the Satyr-play in the growth of Greek tragedy is explored.
- Author BiographyD.M. Simmonds and R.R. Timberlake both taught Classics at Stowe.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- LanguageGreek, modern (1453-)
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGreek Texts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBristol Classical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight162 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Volume editorD.M. Simmonds,R.R. Timberlake
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.