Cylindrical Antennas and Arrays by George J. Fikioris, Ronold W. P. King, Richard B. Mack (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $167.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCylindrical arrays lie at the heart of the antenna systems of most major radio communication systems, including broadcasting networks, cellular 'phone systems and radar. In this book, the authors present practical theoretical methods for determining current distributions, input admittances and field patterns of a wide variety of cylindrical antennas, including the isolated antenna, the two-element array, the circular array, curtain arrays, Yagi and log-periodic arrays, planar arrays and three-dimensional arrays. Coverage includes analysis of horizontal antennas over, on and in the earth and sea, large resonant arrays of electrically short dipoles and a chapter on the theory and techniques of experimental measurement. Written by three of the leading engineers in the field, and based on world-class research carried out at Harvard over the last forty years, Cylindrical Antennas and Arrays is destined to become established as the basic reference for practising engineers and advanced students for many years to come.
- Author BiographyRonold W. P. King is the Gordon McKay Professor of Applied Physics, Emeritus at Harvard University, USA. Since joining the Harvard faculty in 1938, he has supervised the research of over 100 Ph.D. students. He is a Life Fellow of the IEEE; a Fellow of the American Physical Society; and a member of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He holds the Distinguished Service Award from the University of Wisconsin (1973), the Centennial Medal of the IEEE (1985), the Harold Pender Award from the University of Pennsylvania (1986), the Distinguished Achievement Award of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (1991), and the IEEE Graduate Teaching Award (1997). George J. Fikioris is a researcher at the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) in Greece. After obtaining his Ph.D. at Harvard University in 1993 he worked for six years as an electronics engineer at the Airforce Research Labratory, Hanscomb, USA before joining the NTUA faculty in 1999. Richard B. Mack is a consultant at his own company, Mack Consulting, where he specialises in electromagnetic measurement techniques.
- Author(s)George J. Fikioris,Richard B. Mack,Ronold W. P. King
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/08/2005
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note230 b/w illus. 40 tables
- Weight1020 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.