All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCyril was bishop in Jerusalem from c350-351 AD until 386 AD. His writings are an important source for the history of early Christian doctrine. This book provides full English translations, with explanatory commentary, of his most important works. The introduction covers Cyril's life; his historical and archaeological context; his theology; and contemporary doctrine and practice. This will be essential reading for students and scholars of patristics, and those studying the history of the early Church and late antiquity.
- Author BiographyEdward Yarnold, S. J., is a University Research Lecturer at the University of Oxford. His previous publications include The Study of Liturgy (co-editor,1976-92),The Study of Spirituality (co-editor, 1986) and Truth and Authority (with Henry Chadwick, 1977).
- Author(s)Edward Yarnold
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2000
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleThe Early Church Fathers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.